Digital advertising – a great way to become more visible
In this age of the internet, probably everyone encounters digital advertising every day. These ads seem to have almost replaced other types of advertising and are becoming more and more prevalent in the digital space every day. What’s more, their possibilities are expanding and new ways to advertise are emerging. In this article, we will discuss what digital advertising is and the aspects involved.
What is digital advertising?
Digital advertising, or online advertising, is any format or type of advertising that you see on the internet and on smartphone apps. It is a very popular way to advertise for businesses of all sizes. Digital advertising can be used across a variety of channels such as social media, Google search, websites, and more.
In a sense, online advertising is even your website or social media account. These tools help you to stay visible on the internet, so you can attract more customers. While the essence of advertising is to promote a particular product, raising the overall awareness of the company is also important.
Types of online advertising
It would be very difficult to name all types of online advertising, but a list of the main types that are most often used can be made:
- Google Ads advertising. Google Ads is pay-per-click advertising, where you pay for a potential client’s click on a link displayed in the search engine. These links are specifically marked with the word sponsored or ad. It’s called Search ads and interestingly, even websites with good website SEO benefit from it. This advertising, like all digital advertising, does not require a lot of expenditure;
- Social media advertising. Nowadays, there are countless social networks and thousands of people use them. All advertising content you see on social media is social media advertising. These can be short text posts, photos, videos, or stories. Social media advertising is shown to a selected audience;
- Banners. Banners are one of the formats of digital advertising, but banner advertising can also be named as a separate type. These static or animated images are visual advertisements that can be seen on various channels: social media, YouTube channels, or media portals. Banners are a field of graphic design;
- Video advertising. Video ads can also be mentioned. These are videos of various lengths that appear on social media or other channels such as YouTube. By the way, it’s worth noting that creating YouTube content can also be advertising;
- Newsletters. Newsletters are emails sent to customers. They promote the best deals and new products.
Digital advertising formats
Digital advertising formats can be photos, video content, text content, or multiple formats in one. In fact, digital advertising itself is very broad, so often its formats and types are intertwined. There are more and more types and formats of online advertising, short TikTok videos and Instagram reels are great proof of this. This is good for business as the audience of potential customers grows.
Advantages of digital advertising
Digital advertising has become popular because of its advantages. The main ones are:
- Price. Online advertising is usually not expensive. This makes it affordable even for small businesses;
- Efficiency. This advertising is shown to specific audiences (social media) or to people who are searching for a similar product based on a keyword (Google Ads). Therefore, its effectiveness is higher than other advertisements;
- Availability. Online advertising reaches much wider audiences than other forms of advertising. Therefore, you can acquire new customers, even outside your country;
- Many formats and types. Digital advertising has many formats and types to choose from. Many businesses use multiple formats and advertise on multiple channels;
- Improvement opportunities. With this advertising, you can track its effectiveness by monitoring analytics. This allows us to improve these campaigns;
- Communication with customers. By regularly communicating on social media and sending newsletters, you can build and maintain a relationship with your customers. This encourages their loyalty.